Monday, March 30, 2009

Safe Team Contest Entry! Elements~ Natural Soap




Elements ~ Natural soap is entered into the Safe Teams Soap contest "Soaps from around the World" The country I selected for my entry theme is China.

I have always been fascinated by the colors in used by artist in China. Very vivid and without even studying their culture you get the feeling that color was and still is very important to their everyday life.

Traditional Chinese physics taught that the five elements are water, fire, wood, metal and earth. They correspond to black, red, blue-green, white and yellow, respectively. I used these colors, some are bold in the soap, while others blend and mingle; representing how the elements are intertwined and yet distinct.

The scent I selected is Asian Plum: A harmonious blend of Plum, Orchid, Daffodil, Jasmine, Musk and Vanilla

National emblem of China is the plum blossom. It is the only flower that blossoms in peak winter season. Even with the snow on the ground, it is the only flower in this season to survive. As a result, the flower has become the symbol of survival.

WISH ME LUCK!! :)

To vote and see other listings for the rest of the safe team please visit . Contest starts Tomorrow 3/31 http://www.etsysafeteam.blogspot.com/




2 comments:

TreasuresFromHawaii said...

Wishing you much luck(fingers and toes crossed!)...your soaps are so cre8ive and beautiful~you almost wouldn't wanna use them :D...

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Hi!

I think that you may have become a follower of my blog recently and I wanted to stop by and say hi! I LOVE your soaps. They are gorgeous! I will vote for your soap to win too!!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love meeting new friends!!!

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!