I LOVE this photo! Oh and the smell of this soap is so yummy! Makes your mouth water smelling it! Definitely one of my best sellers!
I really enjoy photographing my items I sell. Love to try to capture their beauty and uniqueness. I do worry sometimes that people will see my photos and when their items comes....minus all the background items I use, they are disappointed.... Hopefully they are revived when they use it! :)
I have been asked many times what photo program do I use, lighting equipment and my techniques. What I have is very simple.....
- I have an older digital camera~ 7 yrs old I have it on a high resolution and a setting that allows close ups
- I use a dinner plate for the white back ground or a card stock paper
- Background items are items found in my house
- as for lighting.....good old sun! Morning or later after noon are my favorite.
- As for the black background, it is the angle you take the photo into the light. I have a darker sage green in a room and with the afternoon sunlight, it creates a black/dark background.
- I use Picasa. I am able to add a little light, sharpen details and crop if needed. I always keep the colors true to my items.
Pretty simple....just takes a lot of photos to get the right ones. Sometimes I have to take up to 20 to get the right shot.